Psychotherapy for Health, Balance, and Wholeness
Individual Adults and Couples Counseling
Anxiety | Depression | Trauma
Psychotherapy in Arvada
Clare Comstock, MSW, LCSW
Schedule a Free Phone Consultation 303-431-5641
I am Clare Comstock and I have a general psychotherapy practice in Arvada, Colorado, seeing both individual adults and couples. In addition to being a licensed psychotherapist in Colorado, I am also certified in Somatic Experiencing (SE) trauma therapy and work with both acute and chronic trauma symptoms. Below you will find a list of issues I specialize in to provide a starting point to see if you are in the right place. After that you will find more detail about me, including how I see the process of psychotherapy, how I understand the meaning of symptoms, and what methods and orientations I use. Also, don’t miss the Quote of the Month section, with a new, and hopefully thought provoking quote each month.
- Anxiety and Panic
- Self Growth including Jungian Depth Psychology and Dreamwork
- Chronic illness or other health problems
- Grief and Loss
- Self Esteem Problems
- Loneliness and Social Withdrawal
- Relationship Issues
- Life issues: marriage, parenthood, blended family, divorce, school or employment, aging process, retirement, etc.
Anxious, Depressed, Overwhelmed?
I specialize in resolving Anxiety, Depression, and Trauma as well as other life issues.
I work with people to:
- Release restrictive, habitual patterns that contribute to anxiety and depression.
- Address the meaning of the symptoms, so they won’t have to return in another form.
- Utilize the wisdom of the psyche and body to facilitate healing.
- Use mindfulness in relating to the symptoms and issues, rather than from them.
- Restore a sense of aliveness, authenticity, and purpose to life.
In trying to cope with difficult life experiences, traumas, and societal pressures, we can split off parts of ourselves. This can result in emotional and physical constriction and the loss of our natural rhythm, balance, and aliveness. Psychotherapy helps facilitate the journey back to integration and wholeness.
My approach with clients blends several orientations including:
- Jungian Psychology and Dream Work
- Mindfulness and Meditation
- Somatic Experiencing (SE) Trauma Therapy
I see symptoms as a call to wholeness and transformation. I believe there is a deep wisdom within each person in both psyche and body and I facilitate a reconnection with this wisdom.
Therapy (or at least the therapy that I do) is not just a cognitive exercise, but is a deep interpersonal, process that uses the actual, spontaneous, relational field as a medium, for exploration, change and growth. This energetic field itself, with all the sensory and intuitive feedback, allows, facilitates and informs the therapeutic process, as client and therapist are present from moment to moment. In some ways therapy is about presence itself: being present in such a way as to see the many ways we protect ourselves from being present, being present to allow the nervous system to finish and regulate its autonomic functions, being present to intuitive guidance, being present to the emergence of something actually new.
Schedule A Free Phone Consultation
Clare Comstock, MSW, LCSW
Call Clare Today At: 303-431-5641